Mal Dewhirst is a highly self-motivated creative whose experience and drive delivers unique projects for the arts, communities and the environment, both as a practitioner and as a project manager, with many years of experience in delivering high quality arts and business projects.
Community engagement and development.
- Community development through ABCD Asset Mapping.
- Community resource visioning.
- Community theatre and creative writing development.
- Development and delivery of theme based programmes.
- Development and delivery of education programmes.
- Development and Installation of environmental interpretation.
- The value of place – engagement with communities on what they value.
- Film and soundscape interpretations of places and spaces.
Creative writing, poetry, theatre and film making both as a practitioner and as a workshop leader.
- Unique creative writing workshops that can be customised to any location or community.
- Workshops for Schools and adults.
- Workshops for arts and health.
- Workshops in Higher and Further education.
- Engagement through cross art forms.
- Theatre based programmes in unusual spaces.
- Poetry in performance.
- Experimental theatre and writing workshops.
- Film projects for historical interpretation, environment and corporate communication.
- All writing and film commissions considered.
Project Management – through all phases.
- Proposal development.
- Risk management.
- Team building and management.
- Cutover and Launch.
- Project close.
- International experience.
- Projects in the arts and business re-engineering.
Process re-engineering from “As Is Mapping” to “To Be Mapping”
- Smart process design.
- Clean questioning
- Gap analysis.
- Resource deployment.
- Process costing.
- Key performance indicators.
- Bottleneck removal.
- Cost benefit analysis.
- System requirements.
- Process testing and measurement.
- Change management.
- Training design.
- Process deployment support.
Good presentation skills.
Good written/verbal communication skills.
First rate PC skills – fully conversant with Microsoft Office and other major MS applications.